In recent years, decks with screened porch additions have become wildly popular.
As folks become less interested in moving and more interested in improving the value of their current home, a deck/screened porch combo is a great option.
New low maintenance decking products and creative design ideas have added to the appeal too.
It’s no wonder that St. Louis is filled with deck and screened porch lovers!
Seriously. What’s not to love about a deck and a screened porch?
Key take-aways include:
-A screened porch is a pleasant place to enjoy the outdoors with shelter from the sun and heat, rain and bugs.
-Screened porches are a favorite place to entertain, read or relax in the privacy of your very own outdoor world.
-Combine a screened porch with a deck and you have an awesome space for outdoor living.
-Add porch and deck lighting to stretch ‘outdoor living’ into the night too.
Designing a screened porch and deck include considerations such as:
- Size – best suited for home, backyard and intended use
- Building materials/colors – to complement and blend with home/yard
- Roof style – gable, shed, or hip
- Ceiling finish – rafter, under deck, ceiling fan, lighting
- Railing type – knee wall or open wall; decorative deck balusters and railing
- Door placement — maximize traffic flow from home to deck to porch to yard
- Flooring – weatherproof flooring for carefree maintenance
Archadeck will work with you, one step at a time, to ensure your custom project will be exactly what you want and what you can afford.
On the website, you’ll see picture galleries of our projects for homeowners throughout Greater St. Louis.
Or just pick up the phone and give us a call 636.227.0800. We serve all areas of St. Louis and St. Charles, Missouri and parts of Illinois too.